The Murfreesboro Breakfast Rotary Club supports the secondary education of senior from TN High School Culinary Arts programs. Awards will be limited to fund availability, candidate eligibility, qualifications and ranking.
- 2022 High School Culinary Arts Program, Senior.
- Is admitted or applied to a College/Junior College/University/Culinary Arts School after high school graduation; with any major including culinary arts related majors.
- A member and presenter on their high schools 2022 High School Steak Off Competition team.
- Reside in the state of Tennessee and is a US Citizen or a permanent resident.
- An exemplary culinary arts student with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Students from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply for the $1,000 scholarship; applicants will be evaluated on their personal achievements, and their commitment using food, nutrition, and hospitality to support or improve their community or country.
The scholarship deadline is Friday April 1, 2022. Only first-time students admitted to post-secondary culinary arts college, American Culinary Federation Apprentice, Junior College, College, or University with applications received by the scholarship deadline will be considered.
The scholarship is administered by the Murfreesboro Breakfast Rotary Club Foundation High School Steak Off Committee (MBRCF-HSSOC). The following criteria must be met by students to be considered to receive the scholarship award:
- Submit High School Transcript (mailed from your high school to).
- One (1) letter of recommendation (1) from a culinary arts high school teacher or (2) from a community service agency or non-profit minimum or up to two letter maximum from options 1 and 2.
- Admission, as a first-time freshman in the Summer or Fall of 2022, post-secondary education, described above in second requirement within the student qualifications section. Attach your admissions acceptance or pending/review letter is preferred but is not required.*
- Please attach a typed, double spaced, two-page maximum essay. The essay font should be Arial at 12-point size in response to one of the following questions; with emphasis on your passion for food service, community service, hard work, hospitality and American’s tables;
- Share your short term (1-2 yrs.) and long-term career goals?
- How can restaurants, grocers and farmers help families master the healthy eating vs affordability dilemma challenge?
- How do you plan to use the scholarship funds if awarded?